Merry Christmas Betta Lovers!

Merry Christmas Betta Lovers!

I can’t believe it’s been another year already. The day after Christmas begins the busiest time of year for Nippyfish. When people all over the world hit our site looking for help caring for their new Christmas betta. For those of you that are new to Nippyfish. Welcome. I’m a betta enthusiast that has been helping new fish keepers since 2004. I started this website after I had a hard time finding reliable, common-sense focused fish care advice myself. There is so much wacky aquarium-related advice out there. It’s my goal to provide information based on science and experience. I hope it will help you be the best fishy parent you can be. Come back soon for more articles and aquarium care advice.

To make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for, I have complied a list of some of my favorite beginner-friendly betta fish care articles.

We have hundreds of articles on our website written to help new betta keepers. We have everything from feeding, illness, tank care, water chemistry, breeding and genetics. If you have a specific question, please use the search bar at the top of the page to find what you are looking for. Otherwise, enjoy learning the basics in our Bettas 101 section.

Do to the overwhelming number of emails we are receiving we aren’t able to respond to individual help requests at this time. Please do feel free to leave comments under the articles, however, we have lots of great readers who are willing to answer your questions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christie

Betta Fish Face

Betta Fish Face | Photo by Josusache

1. Requi salter says:

I just got a betta for Christmas and I want to know if bettas are so pose to fight there own reflection : )

2. Caity says:

Thank you for having such a great site! I really found it useful in determining how I should feed Beau and clean his bowl and everything :) He also didn’t eat for 5 days after buying him, and when I found out you’d head one not eat for 8 days who was new, I worried a little less. Today he ate finally! Thanks again :)

3. Hi I love your website, and have been using it ever since getting my most recent betta about 6 months ago. He is somehow losing scales on his head. I have been looking online, trying to see if this is a symtom of something. All i got was that it was from stress…? Please, please help this guy I’d be devastated if anything happens to him. Thank you so much!
    -Pedro Napoleon Dynamite (my bettas name haha)

4. Young says:

You can give it antibiotic and change its water

5. John says:

One thing I noticed is that Betta fish do not live as long in a fish bowl. Purchasing a large size tank is well worth it. My Betta’s name is Ken Jitsu, and he is 3 years old. I’ve been training him to do tricks, and he hasn’t been able to figure it out yet, but I’m not giving up that easy. : )

6. Thanks for a great helpful post.

7. Greene says:

I need some help, i have had a betta for 3-4 months i have read articles on feeding 3 pellets every other day and im trying but he is mad at me also his fins a bit torn but, his decor are smooth colored rocks and his water is changed weekly can you plz reply to this im very worried

• kelly burris says:

i have also had a betta for about 3 months. his name is flag and his food says 3 pellets 2 times a day. his fins look a bit torn to me and all his decor are smooth colored rocks and a small fake plant. i change his water weekly. what should i do? please help i don’t want him to die.

8. Betta Info says:

Thanks for all these articles and the time spent, hope you had a good Christmas! :)

9. I wonder just how many bettas (or other fish for that matter) are sold around Christmas versus other times of the year. It probably is a pretty significant chunk of the total.

10. Chris says:

It’s crazy how fast time goes by. Now Christmas is way gone and Easter is around the corner! It just blows my mind. I feel like I’m going to be 80 years old tomorrow that time is flowing so fast. Hopefully my fish live forever =D

11. Useful site for new fish keeper. For better parenting advice for fish keeping at home . Going great

12. Cassie says:

You haven’t posted in such a long time now haha! Shame on you guys (and girls). I’ve been waiting for a new update here at the nippy community. What will the next post be on? I was thinking about maybe sending in the question for you guys to touch base on. I have heard that female betta fish only live for so long… is that true? Because of eggs or something along those lines… Need some answers here.

13. Bob says:

Hi all,

I have a baby female in a three gallon, heated and filtered with LED lighting. But alge is getting out of control. I have a moss ball, plastic plant and a cave for her. I’m thinking about getting a Zebra nitrait snail, any advice or suggestions.